Thursday 19 September 2013

Escape to the country

After my whirlwind trip to Birmingham on Monday morning, I drove down to Devon for a few days to celebrate Mum's birthday.


This was the view from my window when I arrived on Monday evening


And this is the same view Tuesday morning... Hopes for a brighter day! 

Have you ever been to Sharpham Vineyard? It is part of the beautiful Sharpham Estate and has a lovely outdoor cafe. We had a delicious lunch here overlooking the River Dart.

Yesterday we drove over to the stunning Saunton Sands Beach, famous among surfers and kite surfers. It was rather a windy afternoon, so there were plenty of kite surfers around.


It's such a beautiful place, I hope to go back some time, but for now I'm back home and back to the books!

No comments:

Post a Comment