Monday 3 March 2014

A couple of gifts...

Before I left Verona I wanted to make a couple of little books to give to my teacher and flatmate. 
I had a bit of black bookcloth that I'd brought with me from England, but wanted to make them a bit more personal.  I had been searching Verona for a cartoleria which sold nice papers, but never found one, maybe there are some further out from the centre. I got some paper from an art shop for the text block, but had no decorative paper for the end papers, so I decided to get a little creative... To me the symbol for Verona has got to be a heart, it is the city of love after all!  I embroidered a little heart onto the bookcloth, and kept the end papers plain... Nice and simple. 


And these are the two finished books,  they're about 5"x 4". 

I had a fun time trying to gather enough heavy things to weigh them down over night while the glue dried! We ended up with every book in the house stacked up on top of these little notebooks!

No comments:

Post a Comment