Thursday 10 October 2013

Catching up

Today I've been catching up on my bookbinding class. There were a couple of books that I didn't get finished during class, so today I met up with Diana, my teacher, to work on those.
This morning I worked on Coptic Binding. 
This book has three different Coptic stitches, my favourite is the two tone, zebra one at the top. 

Then this afternoon, I made a sample text block showing 8 different styles of stitching... 
It was good to practise the different stitches, but quite tricky to have them all on the one text block.
A useful learning tool, and reminder of stitches for the future.

From the top of the photo...
Kettle Stitch,
Unsupported French stitch or Link Stitch
Split leather 
Tape. 

Double cord
Wrapped cord
Recessed cord and 
Single cord binding. 




No comments:

Post a Comment