Wednesday 30 October 2013

Piazza del Campo - Siena's living room,

 Piazza del Campo is one if my favourite places, whatever the time of year, whatever the weather, there is always something happening here, it's always a beautiful site. 

From the balcony of my hot chocolate bar 😊

People gather here, to sit in the sun, read a book, eat lunch, children chase pigeons or play games

In the evening the atmosphere changes, the tour groups have gone back to Florence and the Sienese come out to play. 

Even on a rainy day, this is a magical place. 

A place to meet up with friends old and new

Where Siena celebrates, art festivals, contrada celebrations, the chocolate festa - my favourite; and this day a celebration of Urban Trekking with a balloon, guided walking tours and special events around the town. 
At night music plays, people gather

And, of course, it's the home of Il Palio, the biggest Festival of them all!

For me it's the best place to relax, people watch, soak up the autumn sunshine. Every day I see the Piazza del Campo and still I love it, I love it's surprises, to see a bridal party come out of the Palazzo Publico, just married and the crowds cheer and clap!

And now, it's a beautiful day, might just be time to wander down to Piazza del Campo, and see what will surprise me today 😀






No comments:

Post a Comment